“A sequel that definitely builds upon the promise shown in its predecessor. A great combination of fantasy adventure and comedy.” - Robin Parker God is a Geek - 8/10
“The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2 is one of the best point and click adventure titles to be released, and stands as an example of what the genre has to offer. I would easily place it in the company of revered adventure titles like Grim Fandango or Tales Of Monkey Island, perhaps even surpassing them as it takes what made those titles great and expands upon them.” – The Sixth Axis - 9/10
About the Game
Every world needs its heroes. However unlikely they may seem. Join Wilbur, Ivo, Nate and Critter in another classic point-and-click adventure in the wicked world of Aventásia. Help them fulfill their destiny. A destiny as yet unwritten.
A few years have passed since our heroes heroically defeated the arch-witch Mortroga. And their lives, like the lives of most people in Aventásia, are still in turmoil. The War of the Two Towers is over, but the wounds it left upon the land are still bleeding.
The gnome Wilbur Weathervane
is struggling with his new job as a teacher at the reopened School for Wizardry and Witchcraft. His magic wand is having a mind of its own and an assassination plot against the arch-mage overshadows the first democratic elections in Seastone.
Faced with political intrigues that threaten the delicate balance of peace, Wilbur is in dire need of his old friends. But the elf princess Ivo
and the adventurer Nate
have, after a brief romantic interlude, gone their separate ways.
has returned to her gilded cage in the elf kingdom, overprotected by her controlling mother.
along with his trusty companion Critter
has been taken prisoner on the flying island of his arch-enemy the Red Pirate.
But fate does not rest. A darkness has fallen upon the land, or rather, a pinkness. A magic force is turning mighty beasts into fluffy plush puppies and towering castles into oversized dollhouses. Can Aventásia be saved?
- A new adventure from KING Art, the creators of The Book of Unwritten Tales, The Critter Chronicles and The Raven – Legacy of a Master Thief
- A fantasy story with over 20 hours of pointing and clicking
- The trademark BoUT-humor, lovingly spoofing LotR, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Discworld, The Hobbit, WoW and more
- Hundreds of weird, yet oddly logical puzzles
- The well-proven "Multi-Character-Gameplay"
- The established four playable characters Wilbur, Nate, Ivo and Critter
- An ensemble of quirky characters, both well-established and brand-new
- Projection Mapping technology unites the merits of 2D and 3D styles and technique
- An epic soundtrack with all the classics and many new compositions
Kickstarter-powered Extra Features
Thanks to the support of our fans on Kickstarter, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 features:
- Optional Side-Quests: Similar to RPGs the game features optional puzzle chains aside the main puzzles, that you can choose to solve, but don´t have to
- Extra Outfits: For solving side-quests you not only receive achievements, but also unique outfits that the playable characters can equip
- Orchestra recordings: For the first time most of Benny Oschmann´s much-loved score for the game was recorded with a live orchestra