Steam Big Picture
About the Game
The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions, the award-winning studio behind Psychonauts and Brütal Legend.
Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.
- Seamlessly Spelunk – Explore a ginormous completely seamless cave-world presented in astounding cross-section that will blow... your... mind.
- Assemble a team of 3 explorers – From the Hillbilly to the Time Traveller; all 7 characters have their own unique personalities, special talents and a dark and secret reason for descending The Cave.
- A Cave like no other – If you enjoy spelunking and dark rocky caverns then be prepared to be disappointed. Your first clue The Cave is a place like no other will be when you stumble across the subterranean amusement park or the medieval castle, not to mention the fully armed and ready to launch nuclear tipped missile.
- Let’s work together – Switch between the 3 characters, in cooperation with each other, and solve physical and adventure puzzles as you learn the truth behind why they are here. Share the cave exploring adventure with friends in local co-op.
- Unlock all the secrets of the cave – Replay the adventure with a new set of characters for a whole different experience including unique story, puzzles and areas of The Cave, plus hidden treasures (not redeemable for cash) and collectables.
- Watch the Cave come alive – Experience the detailed, stunning art style and humor that only Ron Gilbert and Double Fine can dream up.
||23 Jan, 2013
||The Cave, Double Fine Productions and the Double Fine logo are the exclusive trademarks of Double Fine Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. ©SEGA. All Rights Reserved. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. FMOD Ex Sound System Copyright © 2001-2012 Firelight Technologies Pty, ltf. All rights reserved. Uses Scaleform GFx © 2012 Scaleform Corporation. All rights reserved.
||Double Fine Productions
- OS:Windows XP SP3
- Processor:1.8 GHz dual core CPU
- Memory:1 GB RAM
- Graphics:256 MB GeForce 8800, Radeon 3850, or Intel HD 2000 Graphics
- Hard Drive:1.5 GB HD space
- Sound:DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- OS: Snow Leopard 10.6.8, or later.
- Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM
- Graphics: ATI HD 2600 / NVIDIA 8800GT / Intel HD3000 or better card with at least 256 MB VRAM
- Hard Drive: 4GB minimum hard drive space
Leopard is not supported
- OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, fully updated
- Processor: 1.8 GHz dual core CPU
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: 256 MB GeForce 8800, Radeon HD 2000, or Intel HD 4000 Graphics
- Open GL: 2.1
- Hard Drive: 1.5 GB HD space